About Limbury Leisure Association

The allotments at Moat Farm, Riddy Lane and Limbury Mead make up the Limbury Leisure Association. They were bought by the council between 1946 and 1947 to replace land that had been used for allotments during the war. The Moat Farm and Riddy Lane sites, which total 11.46 acres replaced the old Grosvenor Road site. The Limbury Mead site was officially opened on the 19th of February 1947 and is 15 acres and 36poles. It replaced various sites in the Limbury mead area.

Moat Farm has 127 plots ranging from 5 to 14 pole and Limbury Mead has 152 ranging from 5 to 14 pole.

Moat Farm

nunnery lane

Riddy Lane

riddy lane

Limbury Mead

limbury mead site
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS